Home Health and Hospice Get Started
Home Health and Hospice Plan
During an emergency event, the mission of home health and hospice is to maintain the primary level of services to its patients while providing potential surge capacity to support a hospital response or community healthcare needs (such as evacuee shelter operations).
The Home Health and Hospice Plan functions as either a stand-alone plan or augments the hospital’s existing Emergency Operations Plan (EOP) and incorporates the fundamental principles of all-hazards emergency management. It utilizes a tailored version of the Hospital Incident Command System (HICS) as the overall incident management structure and addresses accreditation standards for home care related to emergency management requirements.
The organization forms a cross-functional, multi-disciplinary planning team that can be actively engaged for the duration of the project. The Home Health and Hospice Plan development process leverages a highly-collaborative planning model that is facilitated by DQE through a series of remote and/or on-site consultation that utilizes proprietary planning tools that focus on:
- Providing the best possible home care during any type of emergency/disaster
- Ensuring the emergency preparedness and safety of staff and their clients
- Ensuring the continuity of critical operations
- Providing for timely alerts/notifications and dynamic EOP Home Care Support Plan activation
- Integrating outpatient services with the hospital, public health, and community emergency management initiatives
The Home Health and Hospice Plan encompasses the four phases of emergency management and includes the following proprietary tools that will assist the management team in framing their emergency response:
- Activation Matrix – Defines the framework for tiered activation of home care resources
- Incident Management Team – Pre-identifies home care augmentation to the hospital’s incident command structure
- PowerPoint? Training Presentation – Assists the organization in implementing the Home Care Support Annex
- Compliance Traceability Matrix – Crosswalks the accreditation emergency management requirements to the Annex